The furnace ducts at a spring and heavy-duty equipment manufacturer in Lake Township caught fire last night, causing a brief evacuation, authorities said.
The furnace at Service Spring Corp., 4370 Moline-Martin Rd., caught fire about 7:30 p.m., officials from the Lake Township fire department said.
Twenty minutes later, fire officials called for assistance from Northwood firefighters.
Officials said the furnace s ductwork caught fire because of a creosote buildup. Workers at the fully staffed business returned to work by 8:45 p.m.
No injuries were reported, fire officials said.