A suspicious fire yesterday caused about $30,000 damage to a two-story house in North Toledo, fire officials said.
The blaze began in a small pantry room off the kitchen at the rear of the house at 1992 Chase St. A neighbor spotted the blaze and reported it about 1:15 a.m., fire Investigator Michael Smith said.
The owner, Katherine Hamblin, of Maumee, told authorities her daughter was in the process of moving out of the house when the fire occurred. Her daughter was not home when the blaze began, Mr. Smith said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.