Fourth of July celebrations destroyed the bedroom of a Silverdale Drive home and sent the homeowner to the hospital last night, authorities said.
A firework flew through an open window at 5533 Silverdale and ignited a bed, Toledo Fire Battalion Chief Dennis Facer said. The unidentified man was taken to Toledo Hospital about 10 p.m. His injuries were described as not life-threatening.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.