Loading…
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Thursday, 10/5/2006

Unattended candle burns home, displacing family

COLUMBUS GROVE, Ohio - A fire displaced a family of five from their mobile home, authorities said.

The fire started about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the living room of the three-bedroom home from an unattended candle. The home was deemed a total loss, but a damage estimate was not available, authorities said.

The homeowner, Rick Zeller, and his family were not home at the time. The family's pets - two dogs and two cats - died in the fire, which was ruled accidental.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Points of Interest