A fire yesterday caused about $25,000 damage to an East Toledo home and killed the occupants' 10 cats, authorities said.
A faulty gas dryer started the blaze about 1:45 a.m. at 34 Poplar St., Battalion Fire Chief Gary Martin said.
The home's occupants, David and Sharon Brown, were not hurt, but their 10 cats died, the chief said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.