Loading…
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Wednesday, 12/27/2006

Toledo house fire triggered by candle

BLADE STAFF

A candle left too close to a bed started a fire last night that caused about $15,000 damage to a two-story central city home, Toledo fire officials said today.

The fire began in an upstairs bedroom at 931 Lindsay Avenue near Lawrence Avenue at about 7:25 p.m. The blaze was confined to the mattress and the bedroom involved.

The house, owned by Timothy and Marian Buntain, had working smoke detectors that helped alert those inside to the fire. Occupant Teresa Mitchell and several others inside escaped without injury. The Greater Toledo chapter of the American Red Cross provided assistance to the victims at the scene.

Read more in later editions of The Blade and toledoblade.com.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.