Loading…
Friday, August 22, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 2/9/2007

Fire destroys home in Hancock County

RAWSON, Ohio - A Union Township home was destroyed by a fire yesterday that started from a kerosene heater under the home that was being used to thaw pipes, authorities said.

The blaze at the home in the 4900 block of Union Township Road 34 near Hancock County Road 12 was reported about 3:15 p.m. by a passer-by, Rawson Fire Chief Dave Swisher said.

It appears the unattended heater overheated and started the fire, which spread throughout the two-story brick home, Chief Swisher said.

No damage estimate was available, and no one was hurt.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Points of Interest