Toledo firefighters were called twice yesterday to Ann's Bar-B-Que, 1008 North Hawley St., where hot coals and a buildup of grease in a flue caused separate fires in separate areas, each of which caused about $1,000 in damage, fire officials said.
Fire Chief Ora Pettaway said there was little, if any, structural damage to the restaurant, but possibly smoke damage and damage to the flue. "Both fires were really small," he said.
No injuries were reported. The restaurant won't be open for business until it is inspected by a health inspector, the chief said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.