WALBRIDGE A fire yesterday in a single-family house at 313 South Main St. caused about $90,000 damage to the structure and its contents, Lake Township Fire Chief Eric Larson said.
No one was home when the fire was reported by a passer-by shortly after 10 a.m. It originated in the dining room from heat tape that had been placed around plumbing, he said.
About 20 firefighters from Lake Township, Clay-Allen, Northwood, and Perrysburg Township battled the blaze.
Millie Fouty owns the home.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.