A fire caused about $50,000 damage to a vacant duplex in East Toledo, but what sparked the blaze is under investigation, fire officials said yesterday.
Firefighters found the two-story building at 1809-1811 Delence St. significantly involved in flames when they arrived about 11:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Crews battled the blaze from the outside and entered it to extinguish hot spots only after it was safe.
Melvin and Patricia Galdeen of Temperance own the building, according to Lucas County real estate records.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.