Loading…
Monday, October 20, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 3/19/2007

Man escapes unharmed in West Toledo fire

A man was able to safely escape a burning house fire that damaged the rear of a two-story, wood-frame home in West Toledo yesterday, a fire official said.

Battalion Chief Phil Cervantes said the fire at 1102 Waverly Ave. started about 12:45 p.m., and may have been caused by a space heater. He said Brenda Hersey lived in the home with four grown children, but only one was home at the time, and he escaped unharmed.

The fire badly damaged the rear of the home to where the interior was exposed. Chief Cervantes said he did not have a damage estimate but believed the house would be a total loss. The investigation into the fire continued yesterday.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.