Loading…
Friday, July 25, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Saturday, 4/28/2007

Discarded cigarette blamed in house fire

A discarded cigarette started a fire on the back porch of a house at 3353 North Detroit Ave. that burned into the kitchen and caused an estimated $12,000 damage shortly after 6 p.m. yesterday, Toledo Battalion Fire Chief Dennis Facer said.

There was some smoke and water damage to the rest of the home. The Greater Toledo Area Chapter of the American Red Cross assisted Trina Brown, a friend of hers, and three children with food and shelter.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.