TIFFIN A fire Monday night caused extensive damage to a sawdust silo at a ready-to-assemble furniture manufacturing plant on the city s north side, authorities said.
Firefighters were called to Ameriwood Industries just before 11 p.m. Monday after a spark from a machine at the factory or from the dust collection system apparently ignited the fire, which was under control by about 1:30 a.m. yesterday, Tiffin Fire Chief Bill Ennis said.
There were no injuries.
The chief had no damage estimate, but said the dust collection system was damaged extensively.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.