An East Toledo man remained hospitalized yesterday, a day after he was seriously injured in a fire at a duplex where he lives on Clark Street.
Frank Blaze, 61, of 416 Clark was admitted to St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center in critical condition. A hospital spokesman said his condition was upgraded to serious.
Firefighters said they found Mr. Blaze unconscious on the duplex's second floor near where the fire appeared to have started. The fire was reported about 8:15 p.m. Saturday and it was under control in about 20 minutes.
Damage was estimated at $30,000, Battalion Fire Chief Mark Klein said. The cause was not available.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.