TEMPERANCE - No one was hurt yesterday when an electrical fire broke out in the ceiling of MTS Burgess LLC, a manufacturer of seating for the hospitality market, at 1244 West Dean Rd.
Fire investigators today will assess the damage with representatives from the company's insurance provider.
Workers told fire investigators they heard a "pop" about
9:45 a.m., and realized something was on fire in the ceiling. Everyone evacuated safely.
Bedford Township fire crews saw smoke upon arrival, and dug out the roof's insulation to reach the fire.
Firefighters from Whiteford and Erie townships assisted.
The fire seemed to be related to a faulty light in the ceiling, Bedford Township Fire Chief John Bofia said, adding that a similar but smaller electrical fire broke out there six months ago in the same area of the building.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.