DELTA, Ohio - Fire yesterday caused an estimated $20,000 damage to the Open Door Thrift Shop, Delta Fire Chief Chuck Hudson said.
The fire started about 10 a.m. in a tar kettle behind the shop at 104 Monroe St. The flames traveled up the structure's back wall and caused about $10,000 damage to the building and another $10,000 to its contents, Chief Hudson said.
A roofer, whose name was not available, was operating the equipment when it caught fire. He suffered minor burns on his arm but refused medical treatment and returned to work, Chief Hudson said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.