A person suffered burns to the hands and arms during a fire last night at a house in North Toledo, authorities said.
The person, whose name was not released, was trapped inside the house when the fire was reported at 6:30 p.m. Firefighters rescued the person, who was taken to St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center.
No condition was available late last night.
The house sustained $40,000 damage after the fire, started by discarded smoking materials, spread through the dwelling, authorities said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.