A residential garage fire injured four people early Wednesday in South Toledo, authorities said.
Two of the victims were treated at the scene and the other two were taken to the University of Toledo Medical Center, the former Medical College of Ohio Hospital, with non life-threatening injuries, according to the Toledo fire department. Their names and conditions were not released.
The blaze at the unattached garage at 233 Wasaon St. happened about 2:20 a.m., about which time the four were injured. Fire crews arrived a short time later and extinguished it within a few minutes, firefighters said.
The Lucas County Auditor s Web site lists the property owner as Mark Switzer.
A fire damage estimate was not available Wednesday morning.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.