Four people were hurt yesterday during a garage fire in Toledo's old south end, authorities said.
Two were treated at the scene and the others were taken to the University of Toledo Medical Center, the former Medical College of Ohio Hospital, with nonlife-threatening injuries, the Toledo fire department said. Their names and conditions were not released.
The blaze at the unattached garage at 233 Wasaon St. occurred at 2:20 a.m. Fire crews extinguished the blaze within a few minutes, firefighters said. The Lucas County Auditor's Web site lists the property owner as Mark Switzer.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.