A utility room fire Friday morning caused an estimated $15,000 in damages to Ravenswood Apartments in West Toledo, authorities said.
The first fire crews arrived about 8:45 a.m., saw flames coming from a first floor apartment at 4640 Talmadge Rd., and evacuated the building.
The residents of the apartment weren’t home at the time, said Toledo Fire Battalion Chief Tony Gregory. There were no injuries, he said.
It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire, which was limited to the apartment. The fire was caused by an electrical short in the utility room, the battalion chief said.
The damage estimate included the contents of the apartment.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.