Sunday, Apr 22, 2018
One of America's Great Newspapers ~ Toledo, Ohio

Police & Fire

Electrical fire hits house in Toledo


Toledo firefighters pour water on smoldering debris thrown from a house on fire on 943 Post St. Saturday.

The Blade/Andy Morrison
Enlarge | Buy This Image

Toledo firefighters douse a blaze at 943 Post St. after an electrical fire broke out there and spread to two second-floor rooms.

The blaze at the house near the Old West End was contained about 4:25 p.m. Saturday. Battalion Chief Peter Jaegly estimated the loss at $10,000.

The homeowner, Mackaline Weatherly, escaped without injury. A Toledo firefighter was treated at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center for a strained back.

Firefighters also battled oppressive outdoor temperatures, and crews were rotated often to preserve their strength.

Points of Interest
Click to comment

Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem?

Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet.

Copyright © 2018 Toledo Blade

To Top

Fetching stories…