FREMONT — A 21-year-old Fremont woman was in serious condition Sunday after she was struck by a car in Sandusky County’s Ballville Township Saturday night.
Brittany Hull was walking along Tiffin Road near Short Street about 11 p.m. when she was struck by a Cadillac driven by 16-year-old Alexander Veleba of Fremont. Mr. Veleba left the scene and returned 17 minutes later, according to troopers with the Fremont post of the Ohio Highway Patrol.
Ms. Hull was taken to Fremont Memorial Hospital, and later transported to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo.
Mr. Veleba was not injured in the crash, according to troopers.
- Richard B. “Dick” Walters (1932-2016): Fremont boiler worker loved his antique trucks
- Man, 64, dies after his van goes off road near Fremont
- Fremont man dies in single-car accident
- Vigil marks year since Fremont woman’s homicide
- Scott C. Otermat (1946-2016): Fremont actuary loved puzzles and agriculture