Authorities have identified Joseph Bialecki, 31, of Tremainsville Road, as the Toledo man fatally injured in a two-vehicle crash this week at West Sylvania and North Detroit avenues in North Toledo, authorities said.
Mr. Bialecki was pronounced dead at 3 p.m. Sunday at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, about 40 minutes after the crash, according to the Lucas County Coroner's Office.
Mr. Bialecki was driving a car west on West Sylvania at North Detroit and Miguel Hamilton, 34, of Dexter St., was driving north on North Detroit when the two vehicles collided in the intersection, Toledo police said. The accident is under investigation.
- Jessie Lewis Smith: 1942-2014 Tennessee-born truck driver led Start High School boosters club
- WWII Navy vet organized reunions, operated trucking firm
- Dr. Marvin Gottlieb: 1934-2014; Psychiatrist led MCO program, was a Navy vet
- William Strayer: 1940-2014; Libbey scheduler helped preserve local landmarks
- Paul Olscamp: 1937-2014; Ex-BGSU president brought visibility to school’s programs