ADRIAN — An early morning fire Saturday left an Adrian family homeless.
According to the Adrian Fire Department, firefighters were called to the South Winter Street home of Jim Deshler about 1:50 a.m. Saturday where they found smoke coming from the eves and roof peaks of the one-story, wood-frame house.
Mr. Deshler, his wife, and their 4-year-old daughter had smelled smoke and evacuated before crews arrived, said Capt. Jim Dailey.
Firefighters estimated damages at $13,500.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.