The origin of a fire that broke out Thursday evening in a vacant Toledo house where a family of four died of carbon-monoxide poisoning in March remained undetermined Friday afternoon.
Damage from the fire was estimated at $15,000, which was close to the 1319 Hamilton St. property's assessed value of $17,100. Toledo fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said damage was so extensive that an on-scene investigator could not get to all areas of the house safely.
Neighbors told firefighters that the house's owner, Steve Snow, had been working on the white one-story dwelling built in 1894. No one was believed to be at the house when the fire started.
Snow, 50, was convicted of four counts of reckless homicide for the March 22 deaths of Tamara McDaniel, 39, her son Damien Reyes, 18, and daughters Domonique Reyes, 16, and Taralynn Wood, 10.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.