ERIE, Mich. — A Temperance woman who investigators said ran a stop light was killed Wednesday in a collision on South Dixie Highway at Lakeside Road, in Monroe County’s Erie Township.
Monroe County sheriff’s deputies identified the dead driver in the 1:52 p.m. accident as Carol A. Beausejour, 21.
Deputies said Ms. Beausejour was eastbound on Lakeside Road when her car was struck by a pickup driven by Raymond C. Strassner, 61, of LaSalle, Mich., who was driving south on Dixie.
Deputies said witnesses told them Ms. Beausejour disregarded the red traffic signal. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Mr. Strassner was not injured.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts and deputies said alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
- David E. Heckert (1945-2016): Former Toledo police officer loved his work, children, the outdoors
- Road workers’ deaths in spotlight
- 7 killed, 1 seriously injured in Spain car crash
- Bedford Township to vote to fund bus services
- Man in Monroe County standoff still in hospital