One of two teenaged girls who was critically injured in a single-vehicle crash Tuesday in Lake Township died on Wednesday.
Samantha June, 14, of Toledo, had been flown to Toledo Children's Hospital following the crash on Tracy Road in which four others were hurt.
Still in critical condition at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center on Wednesday was Paige Lindhurst, 15, of Walbridge, who like Miss June was a back-seat passenger in the sport-utility vehicle driven by Brittanee Koontz, 23. The northbound SUV approached Walbridge Road when it went off the right side of the road and hit a tree, the Ohio Highway Patrol's Bowling Green post reported.
Neither wore a seat belt.
Miss Koontz was trapped in the vehicle and extricated by the Lake Township Fire Department, the report said. She was listed in serious condition Wednesday . Her son, Jacob, 1, in a child-safety seat behind her, was in fair condition. Sierra Brewer, 15, of Walbridge wore a seat belt and suffered minor injuries, troopers said.
- Mary McGowan: 1927-2014: Toledo teacher well known as patron of arts
- Domenic Montalto: 1928-2014: Dem ward heeler led U.S. campaigns in region
- City barbecue vendor ran cleaning business
- Ann Marie Minnick: 1952-2014; Retired TPS teacher helped special-education students
- Sister Emily Lechlak: 1930-2014; Catholic school principal had taught math