One of two teenaged girls who was critically injured in a single-vehicle crash Tuesday in Lake Township died on Wednesday.
Samantha June, 14, of Toledo, had been flown to Toledo Children's Hospital following the crash on Tracy Road in which four others were hurt.
Still in critical condition at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center on Wednesday was Paige Lindhurst, 15, of Walbridge, who like Miss June was a back-seat passenger in the sport-utility vehicle driven by Brittanee Koontz, 23. The northbound SUV approached Walbridge Road when it went off the right side of the road and hit a tree, the Ohio Highway Patrol's Bowling Green post reported.
Neither wore a seat belt.
Miss Koontz was trapped in the vehicle and extricated by the Lake Township Fire Department, the report said. She was listed in serious condition Wednesday . Her son, Jacob, 1, in a child-safety seat behind her, was in fair condition. Sierra Brewer, 15, of Walbridge wore a seat belt and suffered minor injuries, troopers said.
- John Schwepe [1935-2014]; Computer manager a devout Lutheran
- Martha Rose Zeitzheim [1941-2014]; Port Clinton real estate broker active in church and community
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
- Business owner helped youth sports
- Exterminator in Findlay had Port Clinton marina