Ceremony held at new Station 6 at 1155 Oak St. in East Toledo.
Former fire chief Mike Wolever, left, and current Chief Luis Santiago, right, use the jaws of life to cut a pipe during a "ribbon" cutting at the 9/11 Commemoration Ceremony and Dedication of Fire Station 6 in East Toledo.
A new East Toledo fire station was dedicated today.
The fire Station 6 at 1155 Oak St. was paid for — in part — by a $3 million federal stimulus award, announced in 2009.
The new station replaces the former Station 6 at 542 Starr Ave.
Department officials broke ground at the site in October, 2011 — the new station, at about 18,000 square feet, is now the largest in the city.