Loading…
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 10/30/2012

Woman died from smoke inhilation after fire

BLADE STAFF

The Toledo woman who was found dead over the weekend in her North Toledo home after an apparent kitchen fire appears to have died of smoke inhalation, according to preliminary autopsy results.

The official cause of death for Sabrina Williams was pending toxicology results that can take several weeks, said Lucas County Deputy Coroner Dr. Maneesha Pandey.

Ms. Williams, 24, was found about 1:30 p.m. Saturday at 287 Mont Royal Dr., according to the Lucas County Coroner's Office.

Authorities arrived after a visitor called 911 to say that no one answered the door, but a person was lying on the floor by the front door, Battalion Chief Karen Marquardt said.

The responding engine company noticed smoke-stained windows and requested and requested the help of a battalion chief and arson investigator, said Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld, fire department spokesman. Firefighters got in through a side door, with the help of police, and found a kitchen fire had occurred but the fire was out, Chief Marquardt said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories