Loading…
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 11/12/2012 - Updated: 1 year ago

5 found dead in West Toledo house, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning

BLADE STAFF
The house at 5142 Harvest Lane in West Toledo is where 2 adults and 3 children were found dead. The house at 5142 Harvest Lane in West Toledo is where 2 adults and 3 children were found dead.
THE BLADE/AMY E. VOIGT Enlarge | Buy This Photo

The names of the five people -- two adults and three children -- found dead inside a West Toledo home today, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning, have been released.

Found dead inside a vehicle parked in the home’s garage was Sandy Ford, 54; her son, Andy Ford, 32; Paige Hayes, 10; Logan Hayes, 7, and Madalyn Hayes, 5. The children are Mrs. Ford’s grandchildren and nieces and a nephew of Mr. Ford.

Neighbors said Mrs. Ford lived in home, 5142 Harvest Ln., with her husband, and her son. The children were frequent visitors to the West Toledo home, three neighbors said.

Police and fire crews were called to the residence at 3:17 p.m. by Ms. Ford’s husband, Randy Ford, wanting officers to do a wellness check. Police arrived at 3:26 p.m., about the time fire crews arrived on scene, and forced entry into the garage where they found the five victims.

Police were on scene until a little after 7 p.m.

Toledo police Sgt. Joe Heffernan declined to say how officials determined that the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning, but added that the deaths did not appear accidental.

When asked if the suspect died in the incident, the sergeant said that there were no suspects wanted by police at that time.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.