Loading…
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 11/30/2012

Smoking materials ignited Monclova Township apartment fire

BLADE STAFF

A Thanksgiving Day fire at a Monclova Township condominium complex was ignited from smoking materials, officials said today.

The State Fire Marshal's Office has ruled that the fire at Brandywine Condominiums, 3050 Byrnwyck West Rd., started on the second-floor balcony of unit 206.

The exact cause cannot be determined, officials said, but they said they could not rule out the improper disposal of smoking materials.

Twenty-four units were damaged in the fire, which was reported at 7:14 p.m. on Thanksgiving.

Two firefighters were treated at the scene for minor injuries, but then returned back to job. No residents were injured.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories