Loading…
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 12/28/2012

Toledo fire crews rescue man, dog from fire

BLADE STAFF

Toledo fire crews today rescued a man and his dog from a fire that apparently had started in the basement of his North Toledo house, authorities said.

The man, who was found in the house unconscious, was taken to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center with what appeared to be smoke inhalation, according to initial reports from the scene. The Toledo fire department did not release his name and condition.

The fire happened about 1:40 a.m. at 3341 Buckeye St. Dispatched at 1:43 a.m., fire crews had the fire under control at 2:17 a.m., according to the fire department.

Damage to the house was mostly from smoke.

The single-family, one-story, wood frame house was built in 1925, according to the Lucas County auditor's Web site. It lists James T. Smith as the owner of the house.

The fire remains under investigation.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories