Loading…
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 2/24/2013

Recliner chair catches fire in Maumee duplex

BLADE STAFF

The Maumee Fire Department today responded to a fire in a duplex apartment in the 2400 block of South Detroit Ave.

Deputy Chief Mike Potter said the fire was in a recliner chair in the occupied second-floor apartment, and that firefighters extinguished it. He said smoke was smelled by a resident, who was home.

The call came in at 9:45 a.m. Chief Potter said there was smoke and heat damage in the apartment. The incident is still under investigation.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories