Loading…
Friday, August 01, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 2/25/2013

Maumee fire traced to burning chair Sunday

BLADE STAFF

A burning recliner caused smoke and heat damage inside a Maumee duplex apartment Sunday.

Maumee Deputy Fire Chief Mike Potter said a resident in the upstairs apartment at 2443 S. Detroit Ave. smelled smoke and phoned in the alarm at 9:45 a.m. Firefighters responded and extinguished the fire in the chair.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories