Editor's note: This is a corrected version removing the campground's affiliation with KOA.
SWANTON -- Fire crews said a blaze that destroyed two campers this afternoon at the Big Sandy campground caused about $200,000 in damage.
The fire was reported just after 4:50 p.m. at the seasonal campground, 4035 S. Berkey Southern Rd. in Swanton Township. Crews had put the fire out in one of the structures and remained at the scene hosing the other down at 6 p.m. today.
No one was staying at the campground and no injuries were reported, said Bill May, Whitehouse assistant fire chief.
Fire officials were still trying to determine a cause, Mr. May said.
Whitehouse and Swanton fire departments responded to the scene, as well as a crew from the 180th Fighter Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard, who responded as a precaution when a propane tank attached to a grill exploded, Mr. May said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.