A woman who was hospitalized two weeks ago after a kitchen fire in her South Toledo apartment has died.
On April 17, Karalyn Mullings, 29, was found in a back bedroom of her apartment in the 1100 block of Pinebrook Parkway. The blaze, which was reported at 4:20 a.m., was started accidentally on the kitchen stove, fire officials said at the time.
She suffered brain injury as a result of smoke inhalation, said Dr. Diane Barnett, a Lucas County deputy coroner.
Ms. Mullings was pronounced dead Monday night at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.