A living room fire displaced residents of a Springfield Township apartment building today.
The fire was reported about 2:05 p.m. at a building in the Wood Ridge complex, 1800 N. McCord Rd.
Smoke and flame from a second-floor apartment window greeted arriving firefighters, said Barry Cousino, Springfield Township fire chief. The fire was reported out by 2:25 p.m.
Fire crews, which included Sylvania Township and Monclova Township departments, contained the blaze to one apartment of the 16-unit building. The occupant was not home.
No one was injured. The state fire marshal's office was called to investigate.
Second-floor residents could not return to their apartments Saturday. The American Red Cross was called to assist.
Chief Cousino estimated the loss at $80,000-$100,000.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.