LYONS, Ohio -- Authorities are investigating the death of a person whose body was found today inside a running vehicle in a field.
The person's identity is unknown, Fulton County sheriff's deputies said. Hunters contacted the sheriff's office about 7:40 a.m. to report their discovery in a field on County Road N between County Road 8 and State Rt. 109 in Royalton Township.
An autopsy will be performed by the Lucas County coroner's office. Investigating agencies include sheriff's offices in Fulton and Lucas counties; Toledo police, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Authorities asked anyone with information to call the Fulton County sheriff's office, 419-335-4010, or Crimestoppers, 800-255-1122.
- Paula Flox (1937-2016): Stationery shop owner helped at newspapers
- Earlton Cousino (1917-2016): Insurance sales manager owned popular eatery
- Thomas Michalski (1926-2016): Bankruptcy lawyer started career with FBI
- George L. Robinson (1916-2016): Checkers champion kept at it into his 90s
- Dolores Todd Sullwold (1927-2016): Former Blade writer enjoyed diverse topics