LYONS, Ohio -- Authorities are investigating the death of a person whose body was found today inside a running vehicle in a field.
The person's identity is unknown, Fulton County sheriff's deputies said. Hunters contacted the sheriff's office about 7:40 a.m. to report their discovery in a field on County Road N between County Road 8 and State Rt. 109 in Royalton Township.
An autopsy will be performed by the Lucas County coroner's office. Investigating agencies include sheriff's offices in Fulton and Lucas counties; Toledo police, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Authorities asked anyone with information to call the Fulton County sheriff's office, 419-335-4010, or Crimestoppers, 800-255-1122.
- Dick Meyers: 1940-2015; Landscape architect helped found Collaborative
- Troopers plan June traffic blitz in Fulton Co.
- Ronald S. Kilell (1939-2015): Rail employee was an avid bowler, golfer
- Dr. Richard B. Peoples (1928-2015): Orthopedic surgeon loved theater, music
- Man killed in Wauseon crash ID'd