LYONS, Ohio -- Authorities are investigating the death of a person whose body was found today inside a running vehicle in a field.
The person's identity is unknown, Fulton County sheriff's deputies said. Hunters contacted the sheriff's office about 7:40 a.m. to report their discovery in a field on County Road N between County Road 8 and State Rt. 109 in Royalton Township.
An autopsy will be performed by the Lucas County coroner's office. Investigating agencies include sheriff's offices in Fulton and Lucas counties; Toledo police, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Authorities asked anyone with information to call the Fulton County sheriff's office, 419-335-4010, or Crimestoppers, 800-255-1122.
- Burglar sought in break-ins in West Toledo
- Joseph G. Gill (1924-2016): Paving firm co-owner worked with twin brother
- Timothy Pecsenye (1952-2016): Co-host of radio show helped bring festival back
- Joan Bly McCarthy (1940-2016): Secretary helped out family boat company
- Harold C. Creswell, Jr. (1932-2016): Vet began as sweeper, retired as vice president