Bishop Leonard Blair of the Toledo Catholic Diocese has announced the following appointments, effective July 1:
● The Rev. Eric Culler, pastor of St. Bernard Parish in New Washington and St. Francis Xavier Parish in Willard. He has been associate pastor of St. Mary, Tiffin, and St. Pius X, Sycamore, and chaplain of Tiffin Calvert Catholic Schools.
● The Rev. Nicholas Cunningham, pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Plymouth, in addition to being pastor of Most Pure Heart of Mary Parish in Shelby.
● The Rev. John Miller, pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Bucyrus, and St. Joseph Parish, Galion. He has been associate pastor of St. Rose, Perrysburg.
● The Rev. Arthur Niewiadomski, pastor of St. Mary Parish, Edgerton, and St. Michael Parish, Hicksville. He has been pastor of St. Patrick, Bascom, and St. Andrew, Liberty.
● The Rev. Tommy Rodrigues, pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish, Deshler, and Holy Family Parish, North Baltimore. He has been associate pastor of St. Wendelin, Fostoria.
● The Rev. Edward Schleter, granted senior status, or retirement, and appointed chaplain to St. Bernardine Home, Fremont, and chaplain and presbyteral moderator of Clyde St. Mary, from Wauseon St. Caspar.
● The Rev. Stephen Schroeder, pastor of St. Nicholas Parish, Miller City, and Holy Family Parish, New Cleveland. He has been pastor of St. Mary, Edgerton, and St. Michael, Hicksville.
● The Rev. Stanley Szybka, pastor of St. Mary of the Assumption Parish, Van Wert. He has been at St. Francis Xavier, Willard, and St. Joseph, Plymouth.
● The Rev. Charles Obinwa, incardinated into the Diocese of Toledo from the Diocese of Enugu, Nigeria. He is chaplain at St. Rita’s Medical Center, Lima.
● Deacon Thomas Carone, procurator-advocate and associate judge of the diocesan Tribunal in addition to serving at St. Patrick Historic, Toledo, and Immaculate Conception, Toledo.
● Deacon James Caruso, procurator-advocate and associate judge of the diocesan Tribunal in addition to serving at Rosary Cathedral, Toledo, and diocesan general counsel.
● Deacon Larry Lottier, granted senior status, from St. Joan of Arc, Toledo.
● Deacon Michael Mauer, granted excardination to the Diocese of Grand Rapids, Mich.
● Deacon Larry Wilson, granted excardination to the Diocese of Columbus.
● Bishop Blair has postponed the previously announced pastoral planning change to the twinned parishes of St. Charles Borromeo and St. Hyacinth in Toledo.