ARCHBOLD, Ohio -- Luther's Werke, a collection of writings by Martin Luther printed in the 1800s, has been restored and is on permanent display at Northwest State Community College.
He was a German priest whose call for reforms led to the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century. Sixty-five of the 67 volumes in the collection were restored with funds from an American Heritage Preservation Grant, giving Northwest State one of the most complete collections of his writings in the United States. The volumes were acquired in 2008 with the aid of Edwin Oberhaus.
They are on display in the McDougle Center, a collections room in the college's library, and can be seen by the community and students during library hours. Information: 419-267-1217.