Muslim women pray at Toledo Masjid Al-Islam, which held its first open house last weekend since moving from Ewing Street to 722 E. Bancroft St., just east of Cherry Street. The Bancroft Street building was the site of the first mosque in Toledo when it opened in 1954, but its members moved to Perrysburg Township in 1983. The old building was used as office space and then stood vacant until Toledo Masjid Al-Islam bought it and renovated it nearly two years ago.
THE BLADE/JETTA FRASER
Buy This Photo