• Craft and gift displayers invited to display at the 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 19 show at Gladieux Meadows, 4330 Heatherdowns Blvd. Rental information: leave message at 419-537-7657.
• Sunshine Summer Jazz Concert Series, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 18 at the Maumee Indoor Theater. Tickets, $20.
• Farmers' market on Louisiana Avenue downtown, 3 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 14. 419-874-9147.
• The 577 Foundation, 573 East Front St., offering classes as follows: Enchantment in the garden, Sept. 8 from 6-8 p.m., fee $15; and Insight/out group course, Sept. 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 6:30-8:30 p.m., fee $35. Limited space. Call 419-874-4174.
• Immunization/WIC Clinics: St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 871 East Boundary St., Sept. 8 for WIC and immunizations and Sept. 21 for WIC, clinic, and immunizations. Walk-in at 9:30 a.m. to noon or 1-3 p.m. Call 419-354-9661 for WIC, 419-354-9049 for clinic, and 419-354-5556 for an immunization appointment. Bring your shot record.
• Auditions: Adult singers needed for the musical fund-raiser hosted by the Perrysburg Musical Theatre Company. The musical Mostly Menken will feature songs of Alan Menken, Oct. 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Perrysburg High School auditorium and hosted by Broadway actor Jody Madaras. The company will be holding an open call by appointment from 6-9 p.m. Sept. 1 at Zoar Lutheran Church, 314 East Indiana Ave. Prepare a brief Broadway or Disney song that shows voice and range. No rock. Bring sheet music; accompanist provided. Adults will be featured in solo, duet, and group members. For an appointment, call 419-270-3224 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• September Roche de Boeuf Festival seeking crafters for the Sept. 25 event. Booths are $65. Registration forms at watervillechamber.com. The Chamber also encourages local organizations to participate in the parade. Contact the Waterville Area Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com.
• Waterville Idol Contestants in all age groups needed; sign up now for Sept. 18 auditions. Competition limited to 50 applicants. Final competition is Sept. 25. Cash prize awarded. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• Children's Choir of Northwest Ohio, a nonprofit, communitywide children's choir for 4-8 grade students is holding auditions on Sept. 7-8 from 5-8 p.m. at Community of Christ Church, 6517 Finzel Rd., Whitehouse. Visit: ccofnwo.org or call 419-377-7710.
• “Back-to-School” Kid's Fun Fair at the Body of Christ Fellowship Church, 5612 West Bancroft St., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 11. Free health screenings for children who are without health insurance. Any child requiring eyeglasses will receive a voucher for a free eye examination by a local eye doctor and a voucher for a free pair of eyeglasses. The Toledo Health Department will provide immunizations. All children who attend will receive free school supplies. Call 419-464-8586.
tSenior Discovery Days at the Toledo Zoo, 2700 Broadway St., 419-385-5721. Free admission and special events each Tuesday in September and October. Call to reserve a spot on a specific tour at ext. 2110. For information: toledozoo.org/events/seniordiscovery.
• Toledo's 4th Annual Out of the Darkness Community Walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Sept. 11, at Olander Park, 6930 Sylvania Ave., Sylvania, 419-882-8313. Registration at park at 9 a.m. with walk at 10 a.m. To register, donate or learn more: outofthedarkness.org.
• Flag Football, City of Toledo Division of Recreation and Toledo Community Recreation Program, ages: 6-8 years, 9-11 years, 12-14 years; $150/team, individuals welcome. Games at Scott Park Sports Complex, Monday-Friday, begining Sept. 14, 5 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. To register call, Jim at 419-936-3090 or 419-356-1077 by Sept. 1.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.