• American Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, buffet, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $3 for children ages 2-15, free for children under age 2. 419-877-6171.
• Progressive Fishing Association, 7675 Schadel Rd., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m., every Friday beginning Sept. 17. Cost: $8 adults, $7.50 seniors (60 and over), $5 children (11 and under). Carryouts: $8. 419-392-4715.
• Steak or chicken dinner at the American Legion Post 135, 2404 West Sylvania Ave., Toledo, 5-7 p.m., Sept. 18. Cost: $7.
• Stuffed cabbage dinner sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary at the new Northwood No. 1 Fire Department, 2100 Tracy Rd., Northwood, noon-5 p.m., Sept. 19. Cost: $7.50/full dinner, $6/half dinner. 419-666-4341.
• Spaghetti dinner hosted by the Rossford High School boys basketball team at Bulldog Hall, 721 Dixie Hwy., 5-7 p.m., Sept. 17. Presale tickets: $5 adults and $4 children or $6 at the door. Tickets: 419-666-5262.
• Spaghetti dinner fund-raiser at the Blanchard Avenue Pentecostal Church of God, 1701 Blanchard Ave., Findlay, 4-7 p.m., Sept. 17. Cost: $5. 419-422-0037.
• 28th annual community chicken barbecue at First Baptist Church of Greater Toledo, 6520 Pilliod Rd., Holland, Ohio, 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Sept. 19. Donations: $8 adults, $4 children (6-12 years), and children 5 and under free. $4 for one-half chicken only.
• Chicken barbecue sponsored by the Springfield Band Boosters at the high school Field House lobby, 1470 South McCord Rd., Holland, Sept. 17. Cost: $9.50, children $4 (10 and under). 419-867-5689.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.