• Bio-Blitz at Wood County Park District Slippery Elm Trail: Cricket Frog Cove area, 18729 Mercer Rd., noon-4 p.m. Sept. 18. Inventorying species of plants, mammals, diatoms, aquatic animals, birds, and reptiles. Discover new things about nature in Ohio. Small snack provided. Morgan Chidester, email@example.com, 419-661-5113, or Debbie Nofzinger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-661-1697.
• Get the Smartest Card: September is library card sign-up month with the Wood County District Public Library, 251 North Main St. Easy sign-up with current photo ID and brief application. Parent/guardians sign application form for children. Fee of $2 for lost card waived. For information: wcdpl.org/wcdplwalbridge.asp.
• Diabetes Free Seminar at Lutheran Village at Wolf Creek, 2001 Perrysburg-Holland Rd., 6:30 p.m. Sept. 16. Discuss signs, symptoms, complications, and treatment options for diabetes with Marilyn Bame, RD, LD, CDE from St. Luke's Hospital.
• West Bethseda Folk Music Concerts, 11954 County Road I, 7 p.m. Sept. 23, with John Flynn. WBConcerts@WestBethesda.org.
• Fall Festival at Harvard Elementary, 1949 Glendale Ave., 4:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 17. Food, games, airbrushed tattoos, balloon animals, entertainment. Information: Kelly Royce, 419-205-0448 or Amy Nofziger, 567-694-9329.
• Immaculate Conception Parish celebration to honor incorporated parish, St. James, 434 Western Ave., 11 a.m. Sept. 19. Celebration followed by a picnic at the church. All former St. James parishioners, current Darby parishioners, and other friends welcome.
• Craft and gift displayers invited to display at the 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 19 show at Gladieux Meadows, 4330 Heatherdowns Blvd. Rental information: leave message at 419-537-7657.
• Libbey Farewell,Libbey High School, 1250 Western Ave., noon-5 p.m. Sept. 25. Libbey memorabilia, prizes, building tours, Libbey vs. Scott game, sock hop, and more. Information: Trish, Class of 1977, and William Ellis, Class of 1968, 419-255-0433.
• Toledo Area Genealogical Society meeting in the basement of Common Space, 1700 North Reynolds Rd., every second Monday. Information: tagsohio.org.
• “60 Years of Jazz,” Maumee Indoor Theatre, 601 Conant St., 7 p.m. Sept. 18. Toledo Jazz Orchestra Quintet will feature Nate Gurley and TJO Director Ron Kischuk, and will chronicle 60 years of jazz in recognition of Sunshine's 60 years. Tickets: $20. 419-865-0251.
• Lifesteps Weight Management Program, St. Luke's Hospital, 5901 Monclova Rd., 7 p.m. starting Sept. 20, running 12 weeks. Each participant must meet with a dietitian before the class begins. Registration, 419-893-5911, ext. 6401. Cost: $132 (payable in two installments) includes all handouts and workbooks.
• The 577 Foundation, 573 East Front St., offering Insight/out group course 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 16, 23, and 30, fee $35. Limited space. Call 419-874-4174 to register or to inquire about additional classes.
• Harrison Rally Day Festival Lousiana Ave. downtown, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Sept. 18. Parade 10 a.m., marketplace, art exhibits/booths, “Taste of Perrysburg” food court, children's games and art activities, musical entertainment.
• Farmers market Louisiana Avenue downtown, 3 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 14. 419-874-9147.
• Immunization/WIC Clinics: St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 871 East Boundary St., Sept. 21 for WIC, clinic, and immunizations. Walk-in at 9:30 a.m. to noon or 1-3 p.m. Call 419-354-9661 for WIC, 419-354-9049 for clinic, and 419-354-5556 for an immunization appointment. Bring your immunization record.
• Waterville Idol Contestants in all age groups needed; sign up now for Sept. 18 auditions. Competition limited to 50 applicants. Final competition Sept. 25. Cash prize awarded. E-mail email@example.com for details.
• September Roche de Boeuf Festival seeks crafters for the Sept. 25 event. Booths are $65. Registration forms at watervillechamber.com. Contact the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Karaoke Night at the American Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., 8-11 p.m. Sept. 25.
• The Classic Car Show at Taylor Cadillac, 6100 West Central Ave., 10 a.m., Sept. 18. Many vintage Cadillacs on display. Food, fun, and prizes.
• Sarah Burnard Heator Memorial 5K Run at Secor Metropark, 10001 West Central Ave., Sept. 25. Registration, 7:30 a.m.; kids' fun run, 8:15 a.m.; 5K run/walk, 9 a.m. Cost: $15-$30. Proceeds go toward a memorial nursing scholarship. For more information: SarahsRuN@yahoo.com or 419-290-7753.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.