• The Monster Bash-Intergenerational Halloween Party hosted by the Wood County Committee on Aging, 305 North Main St., 5-7 p.m., Oct. 25. For grandparents and grandchildren ages 3 and up. “Spookyville” haunted basement, art projects, dinner, dancing, and costume parade. Tickets: $5 per person and registration by Oct. 18. Information: 419-353-5661 or 800-367-4935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Friends of Wood County Parks fall meeting at Otsego Park, State Route 65 and State Route 235, 1 p.m., Oct. 17. Speaker: Sandy Bihn, director of the Western Lake Erie Waterkeep Association. To make luncheon reservations, parks office, 419-353-1897 or 1-800-321-1897. Annual birdseed and bulb sale to support Wood County Parks in progress. Information and to order: 1-800-321-1897.
• Bowling Green Curling Club starting new season with open curling, BGSU Ice Arena, Mercer Rd., 7-9 p.m., Oct. 19-21. No fee. Michael, 419-262-1143.
• Fall Rummage and Bake Sale at New Hope Christian Church, 2457 Holloway Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 14, and 9 a.m.-noon, Oct. 16 with bag day. 419-867-1535.
• Toledo Area Genealogical Society (TAGS) meets every Monday, Common Space basement, 1700 North Reynolds Rd. tagsohio.org.
• St. Joseph's Catholic Church Annual Fall Rummage Sale in the school gym, 120 West Broadway, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Oct. 22, and 9 a.m.-noon, Oct. 23. Donation of items may be dropped off from 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. on Oct. 19-20.
• The Birth of the United States Navy: The First Thirty Years, Robert J. Lauer, graduate U.S. Naval Academy, 6629 Fawn Ln., Maumee, noon, Oct. 15.
• Stateline Gun Show, Williams County Fairgrounds, Ohio Turnpike, exit 13, south on State Rt. 15, west on State Rt. 107 to fairgrounds, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 17. Admission: $3. Buy, sell, or trade. 419-737-2801.
• 4th Annual Chili Cook-off fund-raiser held by the St. Timothy's Episcopal Church Youth, 871 East Boundary, 5 p.m., Oct. 24. Cost: $5 per adult and $2 per child; includes chili sampling and drinks (with free hot dogs for kids). To enter chili by Oct. 22 with fee of $10, can be picked up at church or saint-timothy.net/events/upcoming/cfm. Proceeds to food for the Perrysburg Christians United food pantry. 419-874-5704.
• 577 Foundation, 577 East Front St., following classes being offered: Saturday Pottery, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1:30-4:30 p.m., Oct. 16, fee $13; Stylin' Earrings, 1:30-3:45 p.m., Oct. 17, fee $29; Stamped cards and paper, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 18, fee $20; Urban Homesteading, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 20, fee $10. Classes are limited, call to register, 419-874-4174
• Immunization/WIC Clinics at St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 871 East Boundary St., Oct. 19. For WIC, 419-354-9661; for clinic 419-354-9049, and immunization, 419-354-5556.
• Farmers' market on Louisiana Avenue downtown, 3 to 8 p.m. Oct. 14, last market of the season. 419-874-9147.
• Survivors and Supporters Network of those Abused by Priests (S.N.A.P.) meeting at 577 Foundation, 577 East Front St., 5-7 p.m., every first Sunday of each month. Contact: 419-340-6459, e-mail: email@example.com.
• Blood Drive at American Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., noon-6 p.m., today.
• Fall Market downtown, 8 a.m.-noon, Saturdays in October. Apples, pumpkins, squash, gourds, and more.
• Euchre Night, Whitehouse Post 384, 6910 Providence St., 6:30 p.m., every Wednesday. Cost: $7. per person.
• Annual Fruit Sale by the Anthony Wayne Band members, grades 5-12, Oct. 19-Nov. 9. Contact a band member: anthonywayneband.org or call Penney Raabe, 419-878-5039.
• Cody Brown Memorial Ride starting at Toledo Harley-Davidson, 7960 West Central Ave., ending at Zekes, 1950 Eber Rd., registration 11 a.m., Oct. 17. Bikes and cars leave at noon. Cost: $10 per person, includes food and drink. Cash bar. If not in ride dinner can be purchased for $5. Music, bean-bag toss games, raffles, more.
• Rummage Sale at Toledo Elks Lodge, 3520 Holland-Sylvania Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Oct. 13-14, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Oct. 15, with $2 bag day. Bake sale. Sponsored by Emblem Club 500.
• The Historic Woodlawn Cemetery hosting a free family event with guided tours and hands on activities, 1502 West Central Ave., 1-5 p.m., Oct. 24. Walking tours, camera clinic, bird watching, and more. Register by Oct. 20: e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-472-2186.
• Heartbeat of Toledo Pregnancy Support Center's fund-raising breakfast at Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 7:30 a.m., Oct. 14. Reservations: 419-241-9131.
• Toledo Astronomical Association with Olander Park District has scheduled a viewing at Sylvan Prairie Park on Brint Road west of Centennial, Sylvania, 7-10 p.m., Oct. 15. Free, but weather dependent. Information: toledoastronomy.org or Frank S. Merritt, email@example.com, 419-535-8775.
• National Feral Cat Day, 10th Anniversary, two spay and neuter events and a Spay Patrol Walk in Toledo's 43609 zip code, Oct. 16. Humane Ohio along with volunteers will be humanely trapping free-roaming cats in 43609 area, then cats will be spayed or neutered and vaccinated. Volunteers needed. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-266-5607.
• Lunch Hour Yoga with Jenn McCullough, certified instructor, 135 North Michigan St., the Davis Building, four week session, 12-1 p.m., Mondays, Oct. 18-Nov. 8; and 12-1 p.m., Wednesdays, Oct. 20-Nov. 9. 419-724-4230.
• Motown Night Out, Local 12 UAW Civil Rights Committee at the hall, 2300 Ashland Ave., 7 p.m.-noon, Oct. 16. Live entertainment, door prizes, cash bar, more. Information: Paul Rickman, 419-241-9126, ext. 17 or Connie Darrington, 419-260-6777.
• Living Downstream film presented by the Toledo Branch AAUW, University of Toledo, Driscoll Center, 2801 West Bancroft, on second floor in the Schmakel Room, 8:30 a.m., Oct. 16. Based on book by ecologist and cancer survivor, Sandra Steingraber. A panel of local environmental experts will discuss film and answer questions. Cost: $5 and students are free, includes a light breakfast. Reservations: Gail Conrad, 419-824-0917 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Friends of the Library book sale, Reynolds Corner Shopping Center, 1301 North Reynolds Rd., Oct. 14-16. Information: toledolibrary.org or 419-259-5455.t4th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction fund-raiser for the Toledo City Bicycle Cooperative at Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 2272 Collingwood Blvd., 6 p.m., Oct. 24. Tickets: $10 with one free entry into a drawing, can be purchased at the Bike co-op or at the door. The nonprofit organization recycles, repairs, and reconditions used bicycles. 419-386-6090.
• Music in the Grand Manor, Wildwood Preserve, Living Room and Solarium, 5100 West Central Ave., 10:30 a.m.-noon, Oct. 15. Morning concert followed by the Manor House buffet luncheon. Reservations required, cost $10. 419-407-9700.
• 7th Annual Oktoberfest, Conn-Weissenberger Squadron 587, 2020 West Alexis Rd., 6 p.m.-noon, Oct. 16. Homemade German foods, the Bavarian Club “Holzhackerbuam” Dancers, and live music. Tickets: $6. Matt, 419-350-7539 or Scott, 419-467-4659.
• St. Francis de Sales High School with SFS Mothers' and Fathers' Clubs, invite parents of sons grades 4-12 to hear Father Ronald Olszewski, speak on “Raising Ordinary Boys Into Extraordinary Men,” in the SFS Chapel, 2323 West Bancroft St., 7 p.m., Oct. 14.
• “A Walk Down 5th Avenue” a benefit fashion show for the Toledo Animal Shelter and Assistance Dogs of America at Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., doors open at 10:30 a.m.,Oct. 28. Tickets: $40 for general admission and $50 for best in show, available by calling Carole Buchanan, 419-661-1654, Rhonda Dekoninck, 419-824-3622, ext. 221, or benefitfashionshow.com.
• Amazin' Grazin' Dinner and Auction, Parkway Place, 2509 Parkway Plaza Drive, Maumee, 6-10 p.m., Oct. 16. RSVP with payment by Oct. 8 to: Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet, 5250 Hill Ave., 43615. Information: 419-537-9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org or maumeevalleysaveapet.org.
• Annual Harvest Festival at the Erie United Methodist Church, 1100 East Samaria Rd., Erie, Mich., 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Oct. 16. Crafts, bake sale, vehicle display, music. Homemade lunch can be purchased 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Pig and chicken roast, 5-7 p.m. Information: 734-856-3346 or 734-847-1503.
• Witches Brew Dinner/Theater at Grace Lutheran Church, 19225 Witty Rd., Elmore, Ohio, dinner 5:30 p.m., show 7:30 p.m., Oct. 16. Enchante' Cabarets performing show. Lasagna dinner. Cost: $25. 419-862-3874 or 419-855-4491.
• Advanced Bird Study, Secor Metropark, National Center for Nature Photography, 10001 West Central Ave., 7-8:30 p.m., Oct. 14. Reservations required, cost $3. 419-407-9700.
• Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine Clinic, Lutheran Church of Our Savior, Fellowship Hall, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Oct. 17. Health fair with free glaucoma and cataract screening from The Cleveland Clinic. 419-472-6034.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.