• The Monster Bash-Intergenerational Halloween Party hosted by the Wood County Committee on Aging, 305 North Main St., 5-7 p.m., Oct. 25. For grandparents and grandchildren ages 3 and up. “Spookyville” haunted basement, art projects, dinner, dancing, and costume parade. Tickets: $5 per person and registration by Oct. 18. Information: 419-353-5661 or 800-367-4935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Friends of Wood County Parks fall meeting at Otsego Park, State Route 65 and State Route 235, 1 p.m., Oct. 17. Speaker: Sandy Bihn, director of the Western Lake Erie Waterkeep Association. To make luncheon reservations, parks office, 419-353-1897 or 1-800-321-1897. Annual birdseed and bulb sale to support Wood County Parks in progress. Information and to order: 1-800-321-1897.
• Bowling Green Curling Club starting new season with open curling, BGSU Ice Arena, Mercer Rd., 7-9 p.m., Oct. 19-21. No fee. Michael, 419-262-1143.
• Fall Rummage and Bake Sale at New Hope Christian Church, 2457 Holloway Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 14, and 9 a.m.-noon, Oct. 16 with bag day. 419-867-1535.
• Toledo Area Genealogical Society (TAGS) meets every Monday, Common Space basement, 1700 North Reynolds Rd. tagsohio.org.
• St. Joseph's Catholic Church Annual Fall Rummage Sale in the school gym, 120 West Broadway, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Oct. 22, and 9 a.m.-noon, Oct. 23. Donation of items may be dropped off from 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. on Oct. 19-20.
• The Birth of the United States Navy: The First Thirty Years, Robert J. Lauer, graduate U.S. Naval Academy, 6629 Fawn Ln., Maumee, noon, Oct. 15.
• Stateline Gun Show, Williams County Fairgrounds, Ohio Turnpike, exit 13, south on State Rt. 15, west on State Rt. 107 to fairgrounds, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 17. Admission: $3. Buy, sell, or trade. 419-737-2801.
• 4th Annual Chili Cook-off fund-raiser held by the St. Timothy's Episcopal Church Youth, 871 East Boundary, 5 p.m., Oct. 24. Cost: $5 per adult and $2 per child; includes chili sampling and drinks (with free hot dogs for kids). To enter chili by Oct. 22 with fee of $10, can be picked up at church or saint-timothy.net/events/upcoming/cfm. Proceeds to food for the Perrysburg Christians United food pantry. 419-874-5704.
• 577 Foundation, 577 East Front St., following classes being offered: Saturday Pottery, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1:30-4:30 p.m., Oct. 16, fee $13; Stylin' Earrings, 1:30-3:45 p.m., Oct. 17, fee $29; Stamped cards and paper, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 18, fee $20; Urban Homesteading, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 20, fee $10. Classes are limited, call to register, 419-874-4174
• Immunization/WIC Clinics at St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 871 East Boundary St., Oct. 19. For WIC, 419-354-9661; for clinic 419-354-9049, and immunization, 419-354-5556.
• Farmers' market on Louisiana Avenue downtown, 3 to 8 p.m. Oct. 14, last market of the season. 419-874-9147.
• Survivors and Supporters Network of those Abused by Priests (S.N.A.P.) meeting at 577 Foundation, 577 East Front St., 5-7 p.m., every first Sunday of each month. Contact: 419-340-6459, e-mail: email@example.com.
• Blood Drive at American Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., noon-6 p.m., today.
• Fall Market downtown, 8 a.m.-noon, Saturdays in October. Apples, pumpkins, squash, gourds, and more.
• Euchre Night, Whitehouse Post 384, 6910 Providence St., 6:30 p.m., every Wednesday. Cost: $7. per person.
• Annual Fruit Sale by the Anthony Wayne Band members, grades 5-12, Oct. 19-Nov. 9. Contact a band member: anthonywayneband.org or call Penney Raabe, 419-878-5039.
• Cody Brown Memorial Ride starting at Toledo Harley-Davidson, 7960 West Central Ave., ending at Zekes, 1950 Eber Rd., registration 11 a.m., Oct. 17. Bikes and cars leave at noon. Cost: $10 per person, includes food and drink. Cash bar. If not in ride dinner can be purchased for $5. Music, bean-bag toss games, raffles, more.
• Rummage Sale at Toledo Elks Lodge, 3520 Holland-Sylvania Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Oct. 13-14, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Oct. 15, with $2 bag day. Bake sale. Sponsored by Emblem Club 500.
• The Historic Woodlawn Cemetery hosting a free family event with guided tours and hands on activities, 1502 West Central Ave., 1-5 p.m., Oct. 24. Walking tours, camera clinic, bird watching, and more. Register by Oct. 20: e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-472-2186.
• Heartbeat of Toledo Pregnancy Support Center's fund-raising breakfast at Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 7:30 a.m., Oct. 14. Reservations: 419-241-9131.
• Toledo Astronomical Association with Olander Park District has scheduled a viewing at Sylvan Prairie Park on Brint Road west of Centennial, Sylvania, 7-10 p.m., Oct. 15. Free, but weather dependent. Information: toledoastronomy.org or Frank S. Merritt, email@example.com, 419-535-8775.
• National Feral Cat Day, 10th Anniversary, two spay and neuter events and a Spay Patrol Walk in Toledo's 43609 zip code, Oct. 16. Humane Ohio along with volunteers will be humanely trapping free-roaming cats in 43609 area, then cats will be spayed or neutered and vaccinated. Volunteers needed. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-266-5607.
• Lunch Hour Yoga with Jenn McCullough, certified instructor, 135 North Michigan St., the Davis Building, four week session, 12-1 p.m., Mondays, Oct. 18-Nov. 8; and 12-1 p.m., Wednesdays, Oct. 20-Nov. 9. 419-724-4230.
• Motown Night Out, Local 12 UAW Civil Rights Committee at the hall, 2300 Ashland Ave., 7 p.m.-noon, Oct. 16. Live entertainment, door prizes, cash bar, more. Information: Paul Rickman, 419-241-9126, ext. 17 or Connie Darrington, 419-260-6777.
• Living Downstream film presented by the Toledo Branch AAUW, University of Toledo, Driscoll Center, 2801 West Bancroft, on second floor in the Schmakel Room, 8:30 a.m., Oct. 16. Based on book by ecologist and cancer survivor, Sandra Steingraber. A panel of local environmental experts will discuss film and answer questions. Cost: $5 and students are free, includes a light breakfast. Reservations: Gail Conrad, 419-824-0917 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Friends of the Library book sale, Reynolds Corner Shopping Center, 1301 North Reynolds Rd., Oct. 14-16. Information: toledolibrary.org or 419-259-5455.t4th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction fund-raiser for the Toledo City Bicycle Cooperative at Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 2272 Collingwood Blvd., 6 p.m., Oct. 24. Tickets: $10 with one free entry into a drawing, can be purchased at the Bike co-op or at the door. The nonprofit organization recycles, repairs, and reconditions used bicycles. 419-386-6090.
• Music in the Grand Manor, Wildwood Preserve, Living Room and Solarium, 5100 West Central Ave., 10:30 a.m.-noon, Oct. 15. Morning concert followed by the Manor House buffet luncheon. Reservations required, cost $10. 419-407-9700.
• 7th Annual Oktoberfest, Conn-Weissenberger Squadron 587, 2020 West Alexis Rd., 6 p.m.-noon, Oct. 16. Homemade German foods, the Bavarian Club “Holzhackerbuam” Dancers, and live music. Tickets: $6. Matt, 419-350-7539 or Scott, 419-467-4659.
• St. Francis de Sales High School with SFS Mothers' and Fathers' Clubs, invite parents of sons grades 4-12 to hear Father Ronald Olszewski, speak on “Raising Ordinary Boys Into Extraordinary Men,” in the SFS Chapel, 2323 West Bancroft St., 7 p.m., Oct. 14.
• “A Walk Down 5th Avenue” a benefit fashion show for the Toledo Animal Shelter and Assistance Dogs of America at Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., doors open at 10:30 a.m.,Oct. 28. Tickets: $40 for general admission and $50 for best in show, available by calling Carole Buchanan, 419-661-1654, Rhonda Dekoninck, 419-824-3622, ext. 221, or benefitfashionshow.com.
• Amazin' Grazin' Dinner and Auction, Parkway Place, 2509 Parkway Plaza Drive, Maumee, 6-10 p.m., Oct. 16. RSVP with payment by Oct. 8 to: Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet, 5250 Hill Ave., 43615. Information: 419-537-9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org or maumeevalleysaveapet.org.
• Annual Harvest Festival at the Erie United Methodist Church, 1100 East Samaria Rd., Erie, Mich., 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Oct. 16. Crafts, bake sale, vehicle display, music. Homemade lunch can be purchased 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Pig and chicken roast, 5-7 p.m. Information: 734-856-3346 or 734-847-1503.
• Witches Brew Dinner/Theater at Grace Lutheran Church, 19225 Witty Rd., Elmore, Ohio, dinner 5:30 p.m., show 7:30 p.m., Oct. 16. Enchante' Cabarets performing show. Lasagna dinner. Cost: $25. 419-862-3874 or 419-855-4491.
• Advanced Bird Study, Secor Metropark, National Center for Nature Photography, 10001 West Central Ave., 7-8:30 p.m., Oct. 14. Reservations required, cost $3. 419-407-9700.
• Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine Clinic, Lutheran Church of Our Savior, Fellowship Hall, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Oct. 17. Health fair with free glaucoma and cataract screening from The Cleveland Clinic. 419-472-6034.