• Immunization/WIC/Clinic, the Wood County Health Department, 1840 East Gypsy Lane, open daily Monday through Friday. WIC, 419-354-9661, immunization, 419-354-5556, and Clinic, 419-354-9049.
• Hysterectomy the da Vinci Robotic Way free community seminar, St. Luke's Hospital Auditorium, 5901 Monclova Rd., 6:30 p.m., Tuesday. Physicians Elizabeth Read and Nancy Arquette both OB/GYN specialists with Premier Women's Health will discuss how the da Vinci robot is used and when it is suggested as an option for conventional hysterectomies and other gynecological procedures. To register: 419-897-8484.
• Immunizations and WIC Clinic, St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 871 East Boundary St., Wednesday. WIC, Clinic and Immunizations next Wednesday. For WIC, 419-354-9661, for immunizations, 419-354-5556, and for clinic, 419-354-9049.
• Lessons anyone who has ever been ill wishes their physician would learn. Perrysburg native and Medical College of Ohio — now the University of Toledo — graduate, Dr. William E. Hablitzel will share his message of healing and introduce his book, It Was Only a Moment Ago, at the Way Public Library, 101 East Indiana Ave., 2 p.m., Sunday.
• Going South is not always an option. Join gerontologist Mary Steitz for a free community program that addresses the challenges elders face with winter weather and safety tips, and resources to survive until spring at Comfort Keepers, 109 West Fifth St., 1:30 p.m. January 19, and 7 p.m., January 20. RSVP, 419-874-4880.
• W.W. Knight Nature Center offering programs, 29530 White Rd.: Creative card and stationary design, 4-5 p.m., Tuesdays through Feb. 15, grades three through five, cost $65 supplies included; jewelry making, 5:15-6:15 p.m., Tuesdays through Feb. 15, cost $65 supplies included. Animal Hide 'n' Seek, ages 6 and over, 10-11:30 a.m., Saturday. Information: 419-661-1697.
• 577 Foundation Youth pottery classes, 577 East Front St. Grades 3-5, 4-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, fee $65 per child. Grades 6-12, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays, $75 per child. Both start Wednesday and run through Feb. 16. Drawing fun with Mr. Picasso, second-seventh grades, drawing and compositional skills, 3:55-5 p.m., beginning Friday through March 18, fee $50. Registration required, 419-874-4174 or 577foundation.org.
• CSI (Christian Seniors Interacting) sponsored by First United Methodist Church at Abundant Life 2, 200 Zoar Drive, second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Cost: $3.
• Wood County Park District accepting Christmas trees through Monday. All decorations and tinsel must be removed. Drop off areas are: south terminus Slippery Elm Trail, North Baltimore; park district headquarters, Bowling Green; William Henry Harrison Park, Pemberville; W.W. Knight Nature Preserve, Perrysburg. Information: 419-353-1897.
• Divorced and Separated Support Group in the conference room at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., 7-9 p.m., Tuesday.
• Glad Federated Women's Club sponsoring its 4th annual Martin Luther King weekend trip to Motor City Casino in Detroit, Michigan, bus departure 2:15 p.m., from in front of Home Depot, 3200 Secor Rd., Saturday. Reservations: 419-867-9442 or 419-381-6579. Returning to Toledo at 11:45 p.m.
• “Gifts for the Yanks Who Gave,” Whitehouse Post 384, 6910 Providence St., collecting funds for the annual American Legion of Ohio program. It benefits veterans in Ohio's state hospitals, VA medical centers, outpatient clinics, and Ohio veterans homes at Sandusky and Georgetown. Information: 419-877-5171.
• Euchre Night, Whitehouse Post 384, 6910 Providence St., 6:30 p.m., every Wednesday. Cost: $7 per person to play.
• Walleye Military Appreciation Night presented by Stautzenberger College, the Huntington Center, 500 Jefferson Ave., 7 p.m., Saturday. Includes: pre-game ceremonies, national anthem performance, Color Guard, special video, post-game Camo jersey auction. To purchase tickets (discounted tickets available for $13 each): toledowalleye.com/military, 419-725-9257, email@example.com. To donate tickets to military families contact: Heroes In Action, heroesinaction.org, 419-699-3439. Proceeds to Heroes In Action.
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Unity Celebration 2011, University of Toledo Savage Arena, 2801 West Bancroft St., 9:30-11:30 a.m., Monday. Canned food donations will be accepted for the Martin Lutheran King Kitchen for the Poor. UT students needed to volunteer. To volunteer: unitedwaytoledo.org.
• Toledo Herpetological Society meeting, Toledo Natural Science and Technology Center, 5561 Elmer Drive, 7 p.m. January 20. Suzanne Husband, keeper at the Zoo will speak on the dangers of palm oil plantations to wildlife and the environment. Public welcome. Information: toledoherps.org.