● Spaghetti benefit dinner for Chad Sparks, a local resident diagnosed with Mitochondrial Disease, at the St. John’s United Church of Christ, 1213 Washington St., 4-8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: $10 with reservations by Friday; $15/walk-in; $5 children 10 and under. Reservations: 419-855-7254 or 419-708-9968.
● The Hoppers and Sojourner Quartet New Years Eve Concert at Gateway Church, 9555 County Rd. 9, 7 p.m. Monday. Pre-sale tickets: $20 reserved seats; $16 general admission seats; $18 all tickets at the door. For tickets: 419-422-4624 or 419-422-2222. All proceeds benefit the ministries of Hancock Christian Clearing House, “Christian Helping in Crisis.”
● Ageless Wonders name of club of Lake Township meeting for lunch at American Table Restaurant, 846 W. Wheeling, Oregon, 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10. Questions call: 419-836-3811.
● Area Women are invited to “Originality In the New Year” luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet 12 p.m. Jan. 10. Special feature with Nancy Mills. Speaker: Barbara Falls, sharing how crisis provided answers to life’s most important questions. Music: Holiday Thomas. Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection (formerly Christian Women’s Club). Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● New Year’s Eve Dance at Dunberger American Legion Post 537, 4925 Pickle Rd., 8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Cost: $15 per person, age 21 and older. Potluck, bring hot or cold dish. Pop, coffee, and snacks provided. Crimson Lights band performing. For reservations by Friday: 419-836-3308 or 419-260-0464.
● The 577 Foundation offers Programs for adults and children, 577 E. Front St. Adult classes: Phyllo dough, 1:30-4 p.m. Jan. 4, fee $15; alternatives-landscape problems, 2-4 p.m. Jan. 6, fee $15; Breakfast breads and pastries, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Jan. 7, fee $20; Adult pottery, 18 years and older, 9-11 a.m. Jan., 8, 15, 22, 29, fee $90. For additional class listings/details/reservations: 419-874-4174 or 577foundation.org.
● The Port Clinton Artists’ Club is sponsoring a watercolor painting workshop with nationally known guest artist/instructor Mark Polomchak, at Island House, 102 Madison St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 11, 12, and 13. Cost: $60 per day. Open to the public. Information and registration: Paula Hart, 419-734-5436 or portclintonartistsclub.com.
● Beso de Ano Nuevo (New Year) celebration, Believe Center, 1 Aurora Gonzalez, dinner 8-10 p.m., snacks 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Monday. A traditional Mexican dinner will be served. Performing will be DJ A. Duran and Grupo Dezeo. Cash bar, must have ID. Advance tickets $20 and are available at the center or La Paloma, 1244 Broadway St. Tickets at the door: $25. Details: Tonya Duran, 419-244-6097.
● New Years General Mad Anthony Wayne Drop at Mad Anthony’s Tavern, 21 N. 3rd St., starting at 9:30 p.m., Monday. Welcome the new year in a night of celebration. Details: 419-878-8900.
● Winter Art Classes/Workshops, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St.: FUNky Clay Jewelry, 6-8 p.m. Jan. 7 and 14, ages 13 and over, make a bracelet/necklace/earrings set, cost $32 and includes all materials and firing; Children’s Acrylic Painting class, ages 7-12, 6-8 p.m. Jan. 15, paint an 11x14 snowman on canvas, all supplies and step-by-step instructions provided, cost $28 per child. Reservations: 419-877-5383 or whitehouseoh.gov.
● The Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., will be closed for the holidays through Jan. 2. It will re-open Jan. 5.
● Cass Road Baptist Church’s pancakes and sausage breakfast with eggs strata, 1400 Cass Rd., Maumee, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Jan. 5. All the pancakes you can eat. Cost: $5 adults; $2 children 6-10; and free to children 5 and under. Tickets may be purchased at the door. Details: 419-893-2008.
● Breakfast at Voiture 141, 2231 Airport Hwy., 9 a.m.-noon Jan. 6. Menu: Pancakes, waffles, french toast, sausage gravy/biscuits, and sausage.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon every Sunday. Menu: eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuit/gravy, hashbrowns, toast, coffee or orange juice. Cost: $5. Children menu also available. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday, Wed.-Friday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com. Closed Christmas Day.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. every Friday. Lake Perch or Pollock. Shrimp, steaks, chicken strips, and burgers also available. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat Alaskan Walleye with coleslaw and baked potato or french fries, $8. Steaks, shrimp, chicken, and a children’s menu available for purchase. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
● American Legion Post 384 steak fry, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. Jan. 5. Includes: salad, baked potato, grilled onions, and french bread.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Frogtown low vision support group sessions, 10 a.m.-noon on the first Wednesday of each month. Sessions often include guest speakers and special features on education and support, with practical help and advice. Call for information.
● Homework helper, 6 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. every Tuesday. Free general computer and technology help. Call for information.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, Advocates for Basic Legal Equality representative will be at the library from 3-5 p.m. every third Monday of the month to assist people with basic legal issues and applications for public benefits.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Teenspace, 4 p.m. Thursdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays. Bank staff can assist with applying for food stamps, home energy, child care assistance, and other services. Free legal assistance is also available. Free and available to all. Call for information.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Call for information.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. every Tuesday.
● Book discussion groups: morning group meets the third Thursday of each month at 9:30 a.m.; evening group meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m..
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
● Book discussion group, 10:30 a.m., every fourth Thursday of the month.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an e-mail account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Call for information.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Call for information.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Senior book discussion, first Friday of every month, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
● Bay Chapter book review and discussion, 1 p.m. third Tuesday of every month.
● ABLE Mobile Benefit Bank Advocates for basic Legal Equality representative, 2:30-5 p.m. every second Wednesday of the month, available to assist with basic legal issues.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. every Monday. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. every Wednesday. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. every Thursday. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call for information.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call for information.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● The library is selling Elder-Beerman discount booklets for a $5 donation. The booklets contain up to $400 in special shopping offers at all area Elder Beerman stores and can be purchased during library hours. Call for information.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Volunteer painting instructor needed, interested call listed number at extension 202.
Offering daily lunches, occasional day trips, and athletic programs.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. every Thursday at Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for non-members. 419-691-2254.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
Memorial Home Health visit with Jodie Biggert Fremont, Tuesday. Call for information.
Christmas party, Wednesday. Call for information.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Activities: bingo, fitness, line dancing, bunco, euchre, health screenings.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. every Wednesday.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Bingo, 1 p.m. Thursday. Sponsored by Bethlehem Youth Outreach.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. every Monday and Thursday. Designed for beginners and the physically fit.
New Year’s Eve celebration, 12 p.m. Dec. 31.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Computer lab is available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classes on computer use are offered. Call for details.
Watercolor, drawing, and oil/acrylics classes offered in six-week sessions. Call for times and fees.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Gadget Club, 10-11 a.m. Call for dates.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Open to all denominations.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday.
Bridge, 1 p.m. every Tuesday.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information call, Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Class: Club F.I.T. (Fitness Interactive Teaching), program will provide you with information on strengthening and stretching, taught by a local physical therapist, 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writer’s group, 10 a.m. every Thursday.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. every Friday. Bring your own supplies.
Movie day, 1 and 6 p.m. Wednesday. Call for information.
New Year’s Eve party, 11:45 a.m. Dec. 31.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.