● Toledo Community Recreation Program late night basketball for anyone 16 years and older at East Toledo Family Center, 1020 Varland Ave., 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Mondays and Wednesdays starting Monday. Curfews will be followed. Days and times subject to change. IDs required. Details: Jim, 419-356-1077.
● Alzheimer’s Association hosts “Listen to What I Am Doing: Understanding Behavior as Communication” at Sterling House of Bowling Green, 121 Wintergarden Rd., Bowling Green, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 26. Fee: $25. Three CEU hours are available. Registration required; call 419-537-1999 or 800-272-3900.
● Elmore’s Red, White, and Boom fireworks show and activities at Well Park, State Street, June 29. Chicken barbecue at Woodmore High School, 633 Fremont St., 5 p.m, cost $8, drive-through available. Entertainment will begin at 8 p.m. featuring the Elmore Fudd Band (bring lawn chairs and blankets). Fireworks will begin at dusk. Sponsored by the Elmore Area Chamber of Commerce.
● What’s Cooking on the Canal? program at Providence Metropark’s Isaac Ludwig Mill, 13827 U.S. 24 West, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Travel back in time to see what the canal boat cook is stirring up. Visitors help prepare the menu of authentic food over an open fire and in a wood stove. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost: $5. Reservations needed. 419-407-9701.
● Susan G. Komen Bikers For the Cure Poker Run presented by the Northwest Ohio Law Dogs LE/MC at Bunker's Bar and Grill, 1950 Eber Rd., registration 9 a.m. first bike out at 11 a.m./last bike in at 4 p.m. June 29. Rain or shine. $500 winning hand; $50 worst hand. Nonriders welcome too.Cost: $35 single rider or $25 nonrider and passenger. Includes 80-mile poker run, BFTC Patch, coffee, doughnuts before ride, all American fare and after event party at the bar. Raffle, silent auction, music, and fun for all. Children's meal: $10.
● Side Cut Metropark’s Programs: Side Cut Explorer at Riverview Area, 1025 W. River Rd., 10-11 a.m. today. Travel along the banks of the Maumee River and down the canal towpath on an open-air trolley, wheelchair accessible, cost $3. Side Cut Explorer, Twilight Adventure, 8-9 p.m. June 25, cost $5. Reservations needed, 419-407-9701.
● Twylite Thursday at the Pinnacle, 1772 Indian Wood Circle, 5-8 p.m. Thursday. Tickets: $10 each and include a chef’s bar. Cash bar. Entertainment by the Toledo School for the Arts Student and Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corp Alumni. Benefits Scrap 4 Art, Glassmen Drum and Bugle, Toledo School for the Arts, Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity.
● Maumee Rec 5K Race/Walk hosted by the Maumee Senior Center at the Maumee High School, 1147 Saco St., July 6. Race begins and ends at the high school. Registration: $15 on day of event or $10 if registration is postmarked by June 29. Register at imathlete.com. To volunteer, call 419-893-1994 by July 1.
● Members of P.E.R.I., Chapter 93 meeting at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., 1 p.m. June 27.
● Toledo Lighthouse meets at Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1750 State Park Rd. #2, 7 p.m. June 27. Details: Jean, 419-874-6704 or toledolighthouse.org.
● Toledo Community Recreation Program late-night basketball for anyone 16 years and older at the Believe Center, 1 Aurora Gonzalez Dr., 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Thursdays and Sundays beginning Sunday. Curfews will be followed. Days and times subject to change. ID’s required. Details: Jim, 419-356-1077.
● The Lillian Swartz Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma Run/Walk at the University of Toledo’s Medical Center, 3000 Arlington Ave., registration 8 a.m., run/walk 9 a.m. Saturday. Food, fun, 50/50 raffle, music, Chinese auction, and a great cause. Contact: Robin Landrus, 419-359-0095, email@example.com, or scleroderma.org/steppingouttoledo.
● Easter Seals Annual Walk with Me at Toledo Zoo, 2 Hippo Way, registration 9 a.m., walk 10 a.m. Saturday. Two-mile fitness walk, activities and fun for the whole family, scavenger hunt during the walk, children’s activities. Post-event party at Walbridge Park. Details/registration: walkwithme.org or 888-710-3020.
● Highland Heights Neighborhood Association meeting at the Toledo Heights Library’s basement meeting room, 423 Shasta Dr., 6:30 p.m. June 25.
● Classic Car and Motorcycle Show at Mainstreet Church’s 795 Campus, 5465 Moline-Martin Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 29. Music, food, children’s activities, and more. Pre-registration $8; day of show $10. Details: 419-838-7600.
● Rummage Sale at Community of Christ Lutheran Church, 6517 Finzel Rd. corner of Dutch Rd., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday. All proceeds go toward the Youth Group for youth gatherings and mission trips.
● The Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., will be closed June 29 through July 6.
● Ladies invited to Downtown Diva Nite at First Christian Church, 875 Haskins Rd., Bowling Green, 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 27. Enjoy refreshments, chocolate desserts, a jewelry extravaganza, and purse auction. Participants are encouraged to bring in slightly used purses and jewelry for our sale table. Tickets: $5. Proceeds will benefit the Wood County Committee on Aging “Senior Center on Call Project,” a telephone program for those who are homebound. Registration: 419-353-5661, 800-367-4935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Woodville 4th of July Celebration Committee is in need of volunteers. Areas in need are: Parade, 5k race, bingo, tent, Big 6, and raffle stand. If interested, call or text 419-307-0914 or Woodville.net/fourth/volunteer.htm.
● Terrace View Cafe luncheons at Owens Community College, College Hall Room 148, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Tuesdays, June 25 through July 23. Area residents invited to experience an array of foods. Cost: $9.50. Entree for June 25 is seared Atlantic salmon. Reservations required by calling 567-661-7759 or owens.edu/terrace.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
● Swiss steak dinner at American Legion Post 642, 2810 Airport Hwy., 4-7 p.m. Saturday, 419-381-9259. Dinner includes potatoes, salad, vegetable, rolls, and dessert. Cost: $8.
● Clay High School class of 1983 will celebrate 30 years with a reunion at the Mud Hens game on Aug. 31. Reservations needed with prepayment by Aug. 8. Call Lori at 419-250-8696.
● The Anthony Wayne class of 1963 will hold its 50th year reunion Oct. 4 to Oct. 6. Football game with Generals vs. Bowling Green at home on Oct. 4; banquet at Nazareth Hall near Grand Rapids, Oct. 5, and potluck lunch at Indianola Shelter on Oct. 6.Details: Carol Heuerman at email@example.com.
● Anthony Wayne all-class reunion and summer block party in downtown Waterville, gates open at 5 p.m., band at 7-11 p.m. Friday. Entertainment by Johnny Rocker and the Hitmen. No cover.
● Libbey High School all-class picnic on the grounds of the high school, 12 p.m.-8 p.m. Saturday. Wanted all alumni; friends and family invited. Potluck. Contact: Francine Coogler Boyd, 419-250-0491; Keva Fisher, 567-288-5031; or Terry Fench, 419-297-6088.
● Libbey High School class of 1963 50th reunion at Holiday Inn French Quarter, 10630 Fremont Pike, Perrysburg, 6-11 p.m. Aug. 3. Reservations and details: Sharon Barton Hamilton, 419-385-6765.
● Waite High School class of 1963 reunion Aug. 16 and 17. Tour of Waite High School meet at the Career Center on Morrison Drive at 4 p.m.; and a Toledo Mud Hens game, 6:30-9 p.m. Aug. 16. Golf at Chippewa Golf course, 23550 State Hwy. 579, Curtice, 9:30 a.m.; dinner 6-11 p.m. at Carranor Hunt and Polo Club, 502 E. 2nd St., Perrysburg, Aug. 17. Reservations required for golf, game, and dinner. Details/costs: whsclassof63-com.webs.com.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call to register.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. Tuesdays. Free general computer and technology help.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Kidspace, 4 p.m. Tuesdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● Zoom Zoom, 4 p.m. Wednesday. All about cars. Grade school age only.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Tuesday.
● Make fairy gardens with Jill Bench of Bench’s Greenhouse, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
● Underground Animals with the Toledo Zoo, 1 p.m. June 27.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
● Tattoo Sleeves for ages 8 to 19, 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
● Underground Animals with the Toledo Zoo, 2 p.m. June 27.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Bay Chapter book review and discussion, 1 p.m. today.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
● Paws for Reading, 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
● Mystery book discussion, 6 p.m. June 24.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Downton Abbey tea party, 7 p.m. today. Period dress encouraged.
● Heart Saver First Aid certification class, 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. $40 at time of registration.
● Reel Opinions with WGTE: Henry Ford, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
● Introduction to Google Docs, 6 p.m. June 25.
● Dogging Steinbeck author Bill Steigerwald, 7 p.m. June 26. Mr. Steigerwald retraced the travels of Nobel Prize winner John Steinbeck for his book Travels with Charley.
● Market Day Book Sale, 2 to 6 p.m. June 27. $15 for large bag; $5 for small bag.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays.
● Tie-Dye Mania, 2 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6-12. Registration required.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Summer reading programs through July 31. Call for event times.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Kids’ cookbook club, 11 a.m. Saturday. Grades K-4.
● Summer reading club through July 27. Call to register.
● Family movie night, 7 p.m. June 26.
● Summer storytime, 9 a.m. Wednesdays.
● Crafternoons, noon-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Grades K-4.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.