McARTHUR, Ohio — A hospital says a third person has died after a single-engine plane crashed near a small airport in rural southeastern Ohio.
A coroner’s office said two women onboard were killed and the pilot was injured when the aircraft crashed Saturday afternoon near the Vinton County Airport, about 50 miles southeast of Columbus.
The Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus says the pilot, 54-year-old Kevin Byers of Baltimore, Ohio, died early Sunday morning.
Authorities identified the women who died as 78-year-old Eudora Byers of Mansfield, Ohio, and 50-year-old Siobhan Reynolds of New Mexico.
Vinton County coroner’s investigator Steve Huston said the plane apparently was approaching the runway but ended up along a road parallel to the airport. The FAA was gathering details on the plane’s route.39.24646 -82.47849
- Timothy Pecsenye (1952-2016): Co-host of radio show helped bring festival back
- Joan Bly McCarthy (1940-2016): Secretary helped out family boat company
- Harold C. Creswell, Jr. (1932-2016): Vet began as sweeper, retired as vice president
- Robert A. Rossi, Sr. (1925-2016): Marine in WWII led architectural group
- Julie Theresa Frisk (1917-2016): Physician helped establish former Parkview Hospital