Loading…
Monday, December 22, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsState
Published: Tuesday, 9/25/2012

Ohio couple says stray cat saved their lives when carbon monoxide filled home

ASSOCIATED PRESS

MOUNT GILEAD, Ohio — A central Ohio couple credits a stray cat they adopted with saving their lives when carbon monoxide filled their home.

The Mansfield News Journal reports that it happened last week near Mount Gilead, north of Columbus.

Rod and Michelle Ramsey said they were just trying to sleep after turning on the furnace in their home. But the restless cat, named Tiger, wouldn't let them. Little did they know they had a gas leak.

Michelle Ramsey was describing to someone on the phone that she and her husband had headaches and felt sick. They thought they had food poisoning.

Rescue crews were called, and they were flown by helicopter to The Ohio State University Medical Center for treatment.

The Ramseys say Tiger has earned a permanent spot on their couch.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories









Poll